What You Should Know:
– Humana Healthy Horizons™ in Kentucky announced it has selected Vida Health’s virtual diabetes management program to serve Kentucky’s Medicaid population.
– Vida’s diabetes management program
achieves lasting results for participants. Because chronic conditions like diabetes,
obesity, and hypertension often occur simultaneously, Vida’s unique program was
built from the ground up to treat multiple conditions at the same time.
– The new partnership, which will launch in
January of 2021, allows eligible individuals access to Vida’s group diabetes
coaching, in-app peer group support, digital therapeutics for diabetes and
co-occurring chronic conditions, and more to help them manage their diabetes
and their whole health.
– Kentucky has the seventh highest prevalence of diabetes of any state with 13.7% of the
adult population reporting having the disease, well above the U.S. average of
10.9%. The percent of Kentuckians with diabetes has more than doubled since
2000 when only 6.5% of the population reported having been diagnosed.
Additionally, about two thirds of adult Kentuckians are considered overweight or obese
which increases the risk of Type II Diabetes among other chronic illnesses.
– The mobile-first experience is uniquely
personalized to each user through a combination of provider expertise and
machine learning algorithms that utilize data from 100+ app and device
integrations, as well as biometric data, and more to personalize the program
and content. The program addresses the root causes behind an individual’s
diabetes, and, using the power of human connection, psychology, and nutritional
expertise, Vida drives long-term behaviors that shift the course of the